Founded in 1973, The Epilepsy Association of Utah is a 501(c)3 charity based in West Jordan, Utah. Our aim is to help, provide opportunities, and advocate for individuals living with epilepsy and seizure disorders and to provide education and resources for their families, communities, and care givers. One in 26 people will develop epilepsy at some time in their lives leading to over 150,000 people in Utah alone. Epilepsy is the fourth most common neurological disorder in the US after migraine, stroke and Alzheimer’s.
Fundamental resources that we provide:
- We back a number of regional support groups in communities from St. George to Utah.
- We have been active in political lobbying for bills reflecting the needs of our community, most recently the newly passed legislation on cannabis oil.
- We provide scholarships and are working on other resource funding for individuals with epilepsy including medical and transportation assistance.
- We organize yearly activities for the epilepsy community including a summer camp, seasonal activities, an art show, and regular fund raisers.
Our organization has been mentioned in the following news articles:
- A year after Utah OKs therapeutic hemp oil, parents say it’s ‘single most effective’ treatment for kids with epilepsy, Salt Lake Tribune, June 28 2015
- Activists gather at Capitol to call for legalization of cannabid-based treatments, Fox 13 News, March 28 2015
- ‘Faces of Cannabis’ puts kids at forefront of push to change laws, Fox13 News, November 12 2014
- Changing the face of medical cannabis, KSL, November 12th 2014
- Cannabis battle moves from Utah Capitol to skeptical doctors, Salt Lake Tribune, May 20 2014
- Utah families celebrate passage of cannabis ‘Charlee’s Law’, Salt Lake Tribune, Mar 26 2014
- University of Utah to Host Lecture on Genetic Basis and Patient Treatment of Epilepsy, Newswise, 3/5/2014
- Utah lawmaker will help moms import cannabis extract, Salt Lake Tribune, OCTOBER 12, 2013
We have created a downloadable Press Kit and Style Guide for you to reference in writing about the EAU. Should you have any additional needs please contact our Marketing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for the national Epilepsy Foundation: